It stops being funny when it starts being you. Saddam was stopped for having imaginary weapons of mass destruction. Gaddafi remains in power and is doing everything to remain in power, even though he has billions of dollars stored away in foreign bank accounts. Why doesn’t he just leave?
- Gaddafi believes he is the last true leader in the Middle East. He does see that the latest protests have been orchetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood.
Thousands of Jordanians left noon prayers to join in peaceful protests in Amman, as the opposition continued to up its demands for political reform. The Muslim Brotherhood, which organized the protest, said that 15,000 people had participated, but the police put the number at 5,000.~ NY Times
2. Gaddafi is trying not to be out done by Charlie Sheen as the “most insane man on the planet.”
3. Colonel Gaddafi, or simply, the “Colonel” as he is called by friends,is trying to bring the Libyan people into the 15th century. As a result, some fundamentalists, IE, the Muslim Brotherhood, think that this is blasphemy. They are urging a call to arms against the tyrannanic rule of gaddafi and his boys.
‘Call to arms’
Tony Birtley, Al Jazeera’s correspondent reporting from Benghazi, said that resistance to Gadaffi’s rule was strengthening.
“I think they’re coming to the realisation that the outcome is in their own hands. They did think that Gaddafi would leave peacefully, they then thought that the international community would take steps and force him out,” he said.
“I think the pendulum has swung now and they believe it is in their own hands.
“They are answering the call to arms, they are coming from all over eastern Libya, bringing their weapons, getting whatever training they can and moving on.” ~ Al Jazeera
4. Now that he is entering his “senior” years, the Colonel wants to get a chance to use his 15% off Seniors Day Card at the local drugstore.
5. My top reason for Gaddafi wanting to stay in power: Where else can he wear what he wears without getting laughed at? Seriously, He looks like a cheap Maitre d in a third rate hotel in a third world country.
- Libya: The shepherd’s boy of seven shot in the face by Colonel Gaddafi’s thugs (dailymail.co.uk)
- Muslim Brotherhood Leader Qaradawi Orders Libyan Leader Gaddafi Killed (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Libya: Gaddafi Hometown May Be Key to His Destiny (time.com)
- Is Colonel Gaddafi Delusional? (socyberty.com)
- Profile: Muammar Gaddafi (nowpublic.com)
- Video: Gaddafi’s vision of Libyan society (reportr.net)
- Gaddafi Is A ‘Living Political Corpse’ (skyenoor.wordpress.com)
- Our Secret Connections with the Muslim Brotherhood (nybooks.com)
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood (theworld.org)
- CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: From Baghdad To Benghazi: Everyone Is a Convert to George W. Bush’s Freedom A… (pajamasmedia.com)
“In a time when large and tense demonstrations have become increasingly rare in America, the Wisconsin protests could provide an Egypt-like moment, says Norman Ornstein, a fellow at the nonpartisan American Enterprise Institute in Washington.”
“We have finally come in Madison to the basic question: will voters control government and public policy, or will the unions? Don’t kid yourselves into thinking the unions don’t understand that, either. They know exactly what’s at stake in the Battle of Mad Town, and that’s why they’re throwing everything they have into winning it.” ~ Hot Air
The snowball effect.The domino theory. In the Middle East, we see the Islamic Brotherhood gaining control through civil unrest. Now, in America, the potential spread of the disease is taking up residence in state capitols. Coming soon to a government near you! We could get Oliver Stone and Sean Penn to direct the feature film. This is the beginning of the socialization of America. Unions have always played a big part in her politics.
The Democratic left has been a mainstay of the trade unions for as long as trade unions have been in existence. As they grow with age, these political dinosaurs still litter the landscape, not knowing that it is time to wander off into the sunset and die gracefully. In today’s economy, there has to be a better solution by all parties to move away from unions and their archaic thinking. If there is a progressive union in America, please, let me know. I know of one in Canada, but that is about it.
Time for dancing around the mulberry bush. The only way to keep jobs in America, iunion and non union is this:
Employees need to make concessions to their employers. (Fairly, without high priced lawyers and negotiators)
Employers need to make concessions to their employees. (Fairly, without high priced lawyers and negotiators)
Government has to make it attractive to want to do business in North America. The government has to be a government of the people, for the people, by the people.
There is no reason unionists and non-unionists cannot coexist for the mutual good. That mutual good?
Ahmadinejad, aka Snuffleupiguss, is at it again. Mr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (if that is how you spell that), leader of the Iranian Empire rattles his saber against the West continually and the media hangs onto his every word.
It inst the world that Obama wants to rule Mr. Ahmadinejad, it is just the American people. However, Mahmoud, you have clearly shown any sane thinker that it is exactly what you and your cronies want. To dominate the world and usher in the 12th Imam. Like Hitler, the West does not take you at your word, but panders to you. Like Hitler, I believe your threats are very real. Your hands fund Hezbollah, the Muslim Brotherhood and other organizations bent on bringing the caliphate to a reality in the middle east.
- Arab world tense ahead of Friday prayers – Ynetnews (news.google.com)
- Ahmadinejad: No Israel in new Mideast – Ynetnews (news.google.com)
- US clueless about Egypt? – Ynetnews (news.google.com)
- Christine O’Donnell: Ahmadinejad likes Egypt outcome too much (thehill.com)
- Ahmadinejad: US and Israel will soon exit the Middle East (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)
- Security officials: Israel faces period of instability – Ynetnews (news.google.com)
- Iran’s Ahmadinejad says in new Middle East “no room” for US, Israel – Xinhua (news.google.com)
- Ahmadinejad advises the ‘Satanic’ US, ‘Gather up Israel’ Leave! (notalemming.wordpress.com)
- Ahmadinejad: “We will soon see a new Middle East materializing without America and the Zionist regime” (jihadwatch.org)
- Initial WikiLeak: Ahmadinejad Called Hitler (israelnationalnews.com)
A good article at what has been happening in the Middle East and how the West flip flops on the leadership in the ME. One day, they support Mubarak, the next, they call him dictator.
The Brotherhood this. Obama that. Sounding like a broken record here. Tired of the indecisiveness of the west. Tired of the sheep being further lulled into a deadly sleep. So today, a change of pace awaits us dear reader. Well, first, I want to quote from Joel Rosenberg’s site :
News from The Associated Press. “Jordan’s most powerful opposition group, the Muslim Brotherhood, dismissed the changes as cosmetic.”
Do you see the virus that has begun to spread? Tunisia, Egypt and now, Jordan. The West remains silent.
- Jordan’s King Fires Government (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Marouf al-Bakhit new Jordan PM after street protests (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- More Conflict: Jordan’s King Abdullah II Fires His Government Amid Protests (theroot.com)
- Jordan’s king sacks Cabinet amid street protests (sfgate.com)
- Jordan’s king sacks Cabinet amid street protests (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Jordan’s king sacks PM amid protests (cbc.ca)
- Jordan’s king fires Cabinet amid protests (sfgate.com)
- Jordan’s king fires Cabinet amid protests – Detroit Free Press (news.google.com)
- Jordan’s King Sacks Cabinet Amid Street Protests (time.com)
- New PM for Jordan amid protests (bbc.co.uk)