It stops being funny when it starts being you. Saddam was stopped for having imaginary weapons of mass destruction. Gaddafi remains in power and is doing everything to remain in power, even though he has billions of dollars stored away in foreign bank accounts. Why doesn’t he just leave?
- Gaddafi believes he is the last true leader in the Middle East. He does see that the latest protests have been orchetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood.
Thousands of Jordanians left noon prayers to join in peaceful protests in Amman, as the opposition continued to up its demands for political reform. The Muslim Brotherhood, which organized the protest, said that 15,000 people had participated, but the police put the number at 5,000.~ NY Times
2. Gaddafi is trying not to be out done by Charlie Sheen as the “most insane man on the planet.”
3. Colonel Gaddafi, or simply, the “Colonel” as he is called by friends,is trying to bring the Libyan people into the 15th century. As a result, some fundamentalists, IE, the Muslim Brotherhood, think that this is blasphemy. They are urging a call to arms against the tyrannanic rule of gaddafi and his boys.
‘Call to arms’
Tony Birtley, Al Jazeera’s correspondent reporting from Benghazi, said that resistance to Gadaffi’s rule was strengthening.
“I think they’re coming to the realisation that the outcome is in their own hands. They did think that Gaddafi would leave peacefully, they then thought that the international community would take steps and force him out,” he said.
“I think the pendulum has swung now and they believe it is in their own hands.
“They are answering the call to arms, they are coming from all over eastern Libya, bringing their weapons, getting whatever training they can and moving on.” ~ Al Jazeera
4. Now that he is entering his “senior” years, the Colonel wants to get a chance to use his 15% off Seniors Day Card at the local drugstore.
5. My top reason for Gaddafi wanting to stay in power: Where else can he wear what he wears without getting laughed at? Seriously, He looks like a cheap Maitre d in a third rate hotel in a third world country.
- Libya: The shepherd’s boy of seven shot in the face by Colonel Gaddafi’s thugs (dailymail.co.uk)
- Muslim Brotherhood Leader Qaradawi Orders Libyan Leader Gaddafi Killed (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Libya: Gaddafi Hometown May Be Key to His Destiny (time.com)
- Is Colonel Gaddafi Delusional? (socyberty.com)
- Profile: Muammar Gaddafi (nowpublic.com)
- Video: Gaddafi’s vision of Libyan society (reportr.net)
- Gaddafi Is A ‘Living Political Corpse’ (skyenoor.wordpress.com)
- Our Secret Connections with the Muslim Brotherhood (nybooks.com)
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood (theworld.org)
- CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: From Baghdad To Benghazi: Everyone Is a Convert to George W. Bush’s Freedom A… (pajamasmedia.com)
And so it continues to spread.
The tribes are getting restless for the caliphate. I am wondering if this is not a preparatory movement to support the coming 12th Imam that Iran has been trying to bring about?
This unrest is growing like wildfire and the West, remains mute about this radical series of events. We should be watching very carefully and closely.
- “Non-stop” gunfire in Libya’s capital + Protests, “riots” and shooting in Tripoli (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Libya protesters set fire to government buildings in Tripoli (guardian.co.uk)
- Public buildings burn in Libyan capital – ABC Online (news.google.com)
- Dozens reported killed in Tripoli unrest (independent.co.uk)
- Libya revolt spreads to Tripoli – Aljazeera.net (news.google.com)
- UPDATE 10-Libya unrest spreads to Tripoli, Benghazi erupts (reuters.com)
- Libya Protests: Dozens Killed As Anti-Gaddafi Protests Continue (huffingtonpost.com)
- Libyan unrest spreads to Tripoli as Benghazi erupts (reuters.com)