Yeah Charlie, it looks on paper now, but what happens when the money runs out? Don’t think she will be around. or maybe it is the love you have always looked for…Not!!
Dear readers south of the border.
Our health care is alwayds being comared to yours and what a model system our “universal” health care is. Even your President, Obama has looked at “health care for everyone.”
While your insurance companies may be gouging you for various treatments here and there, at least, at the very least, you don’t have to have surgery while laying beside someone that is munching on a donut. (Tim Horton’s is our version of Dunkin’ Donuts)
To Canadian readers that are smug about their healthcare and refuse to look at a tiered system:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. Enjoy those donuts!
- Timmies double-doubles as ER near Vancouver (cnews.canoe.ca)
- B.C. hospital uses Tim Hortons as makeshift ER (theglobeandmail.com)
- Tim Hortons used as makeshift hospital wing (ctv.ca)
- Hospital’s Tim Hortons turned into emergency room (cbc.ca)
- Tim Hortons transformed into hospital treatment room (healthzone.ca)
Pirates in the Caribbean, not just a movie. Another group of pirates (Muslim Somalis) taking hostages in the Indian Ocean. CNN has the story, but I wonder if they will exclude any relevant facts like they did when the 4 Americans were kliled by Somali pirates. In that story, the world media outlets neglected to tell the reason why those 4 Americans were in these troubled waters..
They were Christians, handing out Bibles. Do you think that is what got them killed? Dollars to donuts, I’d say yes.
Now it is early in this particular story, but as I read any major news outlet version of the story, I am left wondering what they have left out. Now, I am not saying that the media might be biased, or afraid to call a spade a spade, (snicker,snicker) but it be in all of our best interests if we stopped taking what they were giving us at face value.
Like the American government saying “No more taxes”, or “There were no arms deals to the Contras” (Remember those fairy tales and other lies your step mother told you?) We are being herded like sheep to a cattle car. Slightly nervous about why we are being rounded up, but not terribly afraid as everyone seems to be going along with it, and the media and the government is after all, telling us it is for our own good.
Ollie North! Come back! We need you!
- Somali pirates kidnap 3 children after parents’ yacht attacked in Indian Ocean (dailymail.co.uk)
- Economics of Modern Day Somali Pirates (bargaineering.com)
- Somali Pirates Hijack Yacht with 3 Children Onboard (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Three children taken hostage by Somali pirates after seizing their parents’ yacht (dailymail.co.uk)
- Somali pirates capture Danish family (guardian.co.uk)
- Yachting fail: Somali pirates capture American crew (weinterrupt.com)
- 10 breeds of pirate – Somalis to Vikings to Japanese Pirate Ninjas (gadling.com)
- Pirates kidnap 7 Danes in Indian Ocean (cbc.ca)
There a million things I could add to this post, but let the pictures do the talking…
Please stop me if you have heard this:
So the Dalai Lama walks into a bar. The bartender sees him and yells out. “Hey, havent I tossed you out before?”
The Dalai Lama says, “Probably.”
- The Dali Lama (laughingsquid.com)
I really was going to skip a day blogging about Libya. In fact, I was going to take the entire day off from writing, checking the news, but then this popped up and I simply needed to share the latest from Gaddafi.
“Gaddafi: Barakeh Obama is friend.
Libyan leader praises US president: ‘He is of Muslim descent, his policy should be supported, as he now leans towards peace'”
I am not even going to touch the claims about Obama and ties to his Muslim heritages. Nope. No sir. Not me.
But I am reminded of this little scene from Tim Burton’s “Mars Attacks”
Yes sir, with friends like these…