That was a rough night. After my post about the Fed, weird, strange things began to happen. (Well, not to me personally, but I am sure that weird things did begin to happen to some people yesterday. Coincidence? You be the judge of that)
I really need to ramble today. A lot of things that are going on, but I need a free space. It’s okay if you ignore this post dear reader, verbal diarrhea of sorts for this Monday edition. Sometimes it clears my head, just to think and spew whatever comes to mind.
Great ideas form capitalists. More money for less. The recession is only beginning, south of the 49th. But, now you can get a super deal on a mattress. This is the hottest trending topic on Google right now. A Groupon for the Mattress Firm.
People are not looking up what is Obama doing, or Gaddafi. No, they are looking up this sale at mattress Firm. See, I already have given them plenty of free advertising without spending a cent at Groupon.
So who is outh there that is a gunslinger? A last gunslinger? Anyone? Is there anyone out there besuides Chuck Norris who is civilizations last bastion of hope? (Vote here)
I think the last two were Ronald Reagan and yes, JFK. Twoi separate sides of the aisle, but both, very much true gunslingers, protecting Dodge.
Who protects Dodge now? China has robbed your banks. India, your jobs. Eurpoe has robbed you of your dignity.
- Gaddafi’s Western Gunslingers (time.com)
- Senior Fed Economist: People Are Calling Me Names (lewrockwell.com)
- The Year of Dangerous Rhetoric (skydancingblog.com)
- Jonathan Liew: Whatever happened to all the weird and wonderful sports we used to get on mainstream TV? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Wisconsin lawmakers poised to vote on budget move amid protests (reuters.com)
- HARDBALL: Wisconsin governor: If the fugitive Dems don’t come back, I might have to cut funding f… (pajamasmedia.com)
- Labor Unions Cheer on Wis. Protesters (blogs.wsj.com)
“In a time when large and tense demonstrations have become increasingly rare in America, the Wisconsin protests could provide an Egypt-like moment, says Norman Ornstein, a fellow at the nonpartisan American Enterprise Institute in Washington.”
“We have finally come in Madison to the basic question: will voters control government and public policy, or will the unions? Don’t kid yourselves into thinking the unions don’t understand that, either. They know exactly what’s at stake in the Battle of Mad Town, and that’s why they’re throwing everything they have into winning it.” ~ Hot Air
The snowball effect.The domino theory. In the Middle East, we see the Islamic Brotherhood gaining control through civil unrest. Now, in America, the potential spread of the disease is taking up residence in state capitols. Coming soon to a government near you! We could get Oliver Stone and Sean Penn to direct the feature film. This is the beginning of the socialization of America. Unions have always played a big part in her politics.
The Democratic left has been a mainstay of the trade unions for as long as trade unions have been in existence. As they grow with age, these political dinosaurs still litter the landscape, not knowing that it is time to wander off into the sunset and die gracefully. In today’s economy, there has to be a better solution by all parties to move away from unions and their archaic thinking. If there is a progressive union in America, please, let me know. I know of one in Canada, but that is about it.
Time for dancing around the mulberry bush. The only way to keep jobs in America, iunion and non union is this:
Employees need to make concessions to their employers. (Fairly, without high priced lawyers and negotiators)
Employers need to make concessions to their employees. (Fairly, without high priced lawyers and negotiators)
Government has to make it attractive to want to do business in North America. The government has to be a government of the people, for the people, by the people.
There is no reason unionists and non-unionists cannot coexist for the mutual good. That mutual good?
The US is going to publicly rebuke Israel for building in it’s own land but Mahmoud continues to wear that weirded out jacket. Iran is going full bore into a nuclear weapons program and the US is going to side wuth the evil United nations and 15 member council against Israel. Yem, Egypt,Tunisia are falling. Remember Vietnam and the logic they used to promote that war?
“Domino Theory”. Remember that oldy but goody? Well, we see it really taking place in the Middle East and the US is the mouse that roared. Vietnam cost 55,000 American lives. How many lives will be lost, how many human rights will be trampled under the Islamic Brotherhood? Millions. And the infection will continue spreading its tentacles until they encircle the earth.
Digging and digging dirty. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his clerics are running the show in an asylum. Only we don’t seem to know it and treat him like a guest on Romper Room. He is free to talk in the UN, have celebrity type status in the free world, but Netanyanhuu can’t get a cab. He is trying make strides for peace in the ME but the Palestinians wont hear of it. They say: “Not good enough!”
The US is the mouse that roared. America has fallen, has fallen. The Tse -Tse fly buzzes his wings and soon, we will all be asleep.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad + The Pope Just Have Wonderful Things To Say (queerty.com)
- Now’s Your Chance to Own Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s Old Car [Auctions] (gawker.com)
- Now’s Your Chance to Own Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s Old Car [Auctions] (gawker.com)
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sacks foreign minister (guardian.co.uk)
- Ahmadinejad pretends to be willing to work on nuclear thing (shortformblog.com)
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: Girls should marry before they’re 18 (shortformblog.com)
- Subsidy reforms threaten legitimacy of Ahmadinejad | Meir Javedanfar (guardian.co.uk)
- Iran’s Ahmadinejad says in new Middle East “no room” for US, Israel – Xinhua (news.google.com)
- Ahmadinejad: Egypt Shows Middle East Breaking Free Of ‘American Interference’ (alternet.org)
- Christine O’Donnell: Ahmadinejad likes Egypt outcome too much (thehill.com)
- Ahmadinejad & Gaddafi – Chickens Staying Home To “Roast?” (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Ahmadinejad: US and Israel will soon exit the Middle East (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)
- Ahmadinejad: “We will soon see a new Middle East materializing without America and the Zionist regime” (jihadwatch.org)
I had an opportunity to meet Nazanin Afshin-Jam as she came to Castlegar today to give a talk at Mary Hall later this evening in Nelson.
It was cheesy that I would want to show up at the airport, to “help with luggage”, but my wife was honest with her and stated the truth: “My husband wanted to meet you”. I am sure that Miss World Canada 2003 has heard that one before, but I simply could not let this moment slip from my fingers. She is beautiful. And she is very engaging. I gave her a ride in the “redneck” limousine (my F-150 4×4) and she was charmed! A woman with a good sense of humor!
She did not shirk away from my questions about her role in being an advocate for children in a totalitarian regime, nor did she shy away from the dangers that are faced with such outspokeness.
In an interview with Shaw Cable, she spoke of her organization but also mentioned that in Iran, you can be put to death for changing your faith to something that is not Muslim. ( I did not ask her her religion, but she said she was blessed by God, and I noticed, she did not use Allah)
She was very candid about life in Iran ( she immigrated to Canada after the Revolution) and she was candid in talking about not only the Revolutionary Gaurd, but the Qud Forces as well. She had said that her former boyfriend (not Peter Makay) had been threatened as have other members of her family.
And yet, Nazanin continues speaking for those that do not have an advocate. She does this without pay, full time, seven days a week, bringing awareness to children being executed in Iran. Not all of the children that are on Iran’s death row are entirely innocent of the crime, but they are children.
I wish I could have spent more time with her, talking about Iran and the issues that the people face there. But, if nothing else, I hung out with a former Miss World contestant (1st runner up),Miss Canada World winner and my wife for an hour on a sunny day in the middle of the mountains.
How many men can say that they have done that?
If you have a chance to hear Nazanin speak on child executions, I strongly urge you to do so.
- Nazanin Afshin-Jam: Human Rights Activists Must Work To Halt Iran’s Nuclear Weapons Program, Too (huffingtonpost.com)
- Iran’s protest of Ottawa teen’s death a ‘political game’ (ctv.ca)
- Peter MacKay says he’ll remain at his post (thestar.com)
- Iranian woman accused of adultery on scant evidence still facing death penalty (politics.ie)
- PM’s wife uses 24 Sussex to host political event (canada.com)
When it it occur? really occur? Looking back, into the days of Arthur Miller, the Boys of Summer (remember them?)..Those were the last days of the dream. Then it became corrupt,greedy, poisonous. Maybe it was the whole sixties that were to blame, maybe it was Vietnam. Archie Bunker sings that we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again, but I disagree. If anyone, we need an Austin Powers type, to help get the North American mojo back.
The Democrats are killing America. The liberals have piece mealed it away for their own pocketbooks. The Republicans have stirred the fear pot. Taught us to be afraid of everything from the communist hiding under my bed, to the terrorist sleep cell that “might” be next door. Threats and innuendos fill the news everyday. We are looking for invisible enemies, keeping us in fear.
Europe has given in to the threat and her sovereignty expired circa 1978. Russia, circa 1989. Bastions of hope are now found not in the political leaders, nor the religious leaders (for the West) but in the mundane stars and starlets of Hollywood. We are shown Angelina Brolie adopting children. Show us the way Angelina! Lindsay Lohan, better living through continued stints in rehab! Brittney Spears, guide our children. Oprah, tell us how to be spiritual!
Hey kids, the blog is called Ramblings and other Savageries. Sometimes, I need to vent.
I am 45. Old. Tired and a little grumpy today.
- A Tribute to Archie Bunker (media.gunaxin.com)
- The Death of a Stereotype of a Salesman (thecustomercollective.com)
- We The People: America (socyberty.com)
- Fern Siegel: Stage Door: Other Desert Cities (huffingtonpost.com)
- How we and Archie Bunker err in thinking about losses (oregonlive.com)
- The Top 10 TV Jerks of 2010: The Archie Bunker Awards (tvsquad.com)
- Presence: Collected Stories of Arthur Miller (thejc.com)