It stops being funny when it starts being you. Saddam was stopped for having imaginary weapons of mass destruction. Gaddafi remains in power and is doing everything to remain in power, even though he has billions of dollars stored away in foreign bank accounts. Why doesn’t he just leave?
- Gaddafi believes he is the last true leader in the Middle East. He does see that the latest protests have been orchetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood.
Thousands of Jordanians left noon prayers to join in peaceful protests in Amman, as the opposition continued to up its demands for political reform. The Muslim Brotherhood, which organized the protest, said that 15,000 people had participated, but the police put the number at 5,000.~ NY Times
2. Gaddafi is trying not to be out done by Charlie Sheen as the “most insane man on the planet.”
3. Colonel Gaddafi, or simply, the “Colonel” as he is called by friends,is trying to bring the Libyan people into the 15th century. As a result, some fundamentalists, IE, the Muslim Brotherhood, think that this is blasphemy. They are urging a call to arms against the tyrannanic rule of gaddafi and his boys.
‘Call to arms’
Tony Birtley, Al Jazeera’s correspondent reporting from Benghazi, said that resistance to Gadaffi’s rule was strengthening.
“I think they’re coming to the realisation that the outcome is in their own hands. They did think that Gaddafi would leave peacefully, they then thought that the international community would take steps and force him out,” he said.
“I think the pendulum has swung now and they believe it is in their own hands.
“They are answering the call to arms, they are coming from all over eastern Libya, bringing their weapons, getting whatever training they can and moving on.” ~ Al Jazeera
4. Now that he is entering his “senior” years, the Colonel wants to get a chance to use his 15% off Seniors Day Card at the local drugstore.
5. My top reason for Gaddafi wanting to stay in power: Where else can he wear what he wears without getting laughed at? Seriously, He looks like a cheap Maitre d in a third rate hotel in a third world country.
- Libya: The shepherd’s boy of seven shot in the face by Colonel Gaddafi’s thugs (dailymail.co.uk)
- Muslim Brotherhood Leader Qaradawi Orders Libyan Leader Gaddafi Killed (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Libya: Gaddafi Hometown May Be Key to His Destiny (time.com)
- Is Colonel Gaddafi Delusional? (socyberty.com)
- Profile: Muammar Gaddafi (nowpublic.com)
- Video: Gaddafi’s vision of Libyan society (reportr.net)
- Gaddafi Is A ‘Living Political Corpse’ (skyenoor.wordpress.com)
- Our Secret Connections with the Muslim Brotherhood (nybooks.com)
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood (theworld.org)
- CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: From Baghdad To Benghazi: Everyone Is a Convert to George W. Bush’s Freedom A… (pajamasmedia.com)
- Get rid of Elmo.After all, his cuteness is too sugary and gets the heart beating faster, like a saccharine overload, that kid’s gotta go.
- Have Gaddafi , Ahmadinejad and all comers get into a ring and duke it out for Allah. Whoever wins, they can set up their own little world with no help, no interference and no benefiting from the West.
- Give the Middle East Richard Simmons. Lord knows they could all use a little more, er… flamboyancy.
- Give them Might Putty. Is there anything that stuff can’t fix?
- Close your eyes and don’t give them any attention at all. It is the same lesson for little kids. Make a lot of noise, want attention, but when they don’t get it, they go play quietly in their rooms.
What do you think readers? Can I table this at the UN? Have more to add? Post your thoughts below!
- Something Very Weird Is Happening In The Middle East Markets (businessinsider.com)
- Wall Street Fraud Watchdog Mocks Economists Who Are Optimistic About US Growth They Must Have Not Heard About The Middle East Meltdown & Inflation (prweb.com)
- Gaddafi “Zenga-Zenga” Video Gains Fans Across The Middle East (mediaite.com)
- What Comes Next For the Middle East? (daylightatheism.org)
- The Sesame Six – Attack of the Grouch (laughingsquid.com)
Dear readers south of the border.
Our health care is alwayds being comared to yours and what a model system our “universal” health care is. Even your President, Obama has looked at “health care for everyone.”
While your insurance companies may be gouging you for various treatments here and there, at least, at the very least, you don’t have to have surgery while laying beside someone that is munching on a donut. (Tim Horton’s is our version of Dunkin’ Donuts)
To Canadian readers that are smug about their healthcare and refuse to look at a tiered system:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. Enjoy those donuts!
- Timmies double-doubles as ER near Vancouver (cnews.canoe.ca)
- B.C. hospital uses Tim Hortons as makeshift ER (theglobeandmail.com)
- Tim Hortons used as makeshift hospital wing (ctv.ca)
- Hospital’s Tim Hortons turned into emergency room (cbc.ca)
- Tim Hortons transformed into hospital treatment room (healthzone.ca)
Pirates in the Caribbean, not just a movie. Another group of pirates (Muslim Somalis) taking hostages in the Indian Ocean. CNN has the story, but I wonder if they will exclude any relevant facts like they did when the 4 Americans were kliled by Somali pirates. In that story, the world media outlets neglected to tell the reason why those 4 Americans were in these troubled waters..
They were Christians, handing out Bibles. Do you think that is what got them killed? Dollars to donuts, I’d say yes.
Now it is early in this particular story, but as I read any major news outlet version of the story, I am left wondering what they have left out. Now, I am not saying that the media might be biased, or afraid to call a spade a spade, (snicker,snicker) but it be in all of our best interests if we stopped taking what they were giving us at face value.
Like the American government saying “No more taxes”, or “There were no arms deals to the Contras” (Remember those fairy tales and other lies your step mother told you?) We are being herded like sheep to a cattle car. Slightly nervous about why we are being rounded up, but not terribly afraid as everyone seems to be going along with it, and the media and the government is after all, telling us it is for our own good.
Ollie North! Come back! We need you!
- Somali pirates kidnap 3 children after parents’ yacht attacked in Indian Ocean (dailymail.co.uk)
- Economics of Modern Day Somali Pirates (bargaineering.com)
- Somali Pirates Hijack Yacht with 3 Children Onboard (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Three children taken hostage by Somali pirates after seizing their parents’ yacht (dailymail.co.uk)
- Somali pirates capture Danish family (guardian.co.uk)
- Yachting fail: Somali pirates capture American crew (weinterrupt.com)
- 10 breeds of pirate – Somalis to Vikings to Japanese Pirate Ninjas (gadling.com)
- Pirates kidnap 7 Danes in Indian Ocean (cbc.ca)
I really was going to skip a day blogging about Libya. In fact, I was going to take the entire day off from writing, checking the news, but then this popped up and I simply needed to share the latest from Gaddafi.
“Gaddafi: Barakeh Obama is friend.
Libyan leader praises US president: ‘He is of Muslim descent, his policy should be supported, as he now leans towards peace'”
I am not even going to touch the claims about Obama and ties to his Muslim heritages. Nope. No sir. Not me.
But I am reminded of this little scene from Tim Burton’s “Mars Attacks”
Yes sir, with friends like these…
Ahmadinejad: Upheaval will reach Europe, America – CTV News. ““The world is on the verge of big developments. Changes will be forthcoming and will engulf the whole world from Asia to Africa and from Europe to North America,” Ahmadinejad told a news conference Wednesday.”
Well, there you go. Not very surprising is it?The other noteworthy quote from the article is:
“Iran’s hard-line leaders have sought to claim some credit for the uprisings in Arab nations, saying it is evidence that its 1979 Islamic Revolution, which ousted the U.S.-backed shah, is being replayed.”
There is a fire sweeping the Middle East states. Does it come to burn our shores?
- Ahmadinejad: Upheaval will reach Europe, America (ctv.ca)
- Ahmadinejad: Upheaval will reach Europe, America (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Ahmadinejad: Upheaval will reach Europe, America (msnbc.msn.com)
- Ahmadinejad: Mideast upheaval will reach America (msnbc.msn.com)
- Ahmadinejad: US and Israel will soon exit the Middle East (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)