Polygamy ban centuries old, B.C. court told
So, I live in a wold where guys can marry guys and gals can marry girls. I can commit adultery (although not illegal, it is grounds for a divorce). I can worship Satan if I wanted because it is a protected freedom, but if I want to marry legally, more than one woman, I can go to jail?
How is that even logical?
It is a good thing that we don’t have the need of Pon Farr. We can do anything we want anytime we want, except to love more than one person.
- Reason – not religion – behind ban on polygamy, prof tells B.C. court (thestar.com)
- Polygamy ban centuries old, B.C. court told (cbc.ca)
- Ban on polygamy rooted in Western culture, court told (theglobeandmail.com)
- Western history of monogamous marriages traced at polygamy trial (theprovince.com)
- Tradition of monogamous marriage traced in polygamy hearing (globaltvbc.com)
- Tradition of monogamous marriage traced in polygamy hearing (canada.com)
- We may not like polygamy, but decriminalization makes sense (theglobeandmail.com)
- Forced polygamous relations against Mormon beliefs, court told (theglobeandmail.com)
- Forced polygamy a ‘deviation’ from Mormonism, scholar testifies (globaltvbc.com)
- Law prof testifies perception of polygamy differs markedly within Bountiful (theprovince.com)