New promises for a new year
Well dear readers, 2011 has arrived. Hmmm…I am still unemployed but hopeful for a better year than the last one. As I sit and think about the year ahead, there are people that I hope are there along the way to share and enjoy in the ride. I hope you are one of them dear reader.
I have never been keen on New year’s resolutions. Resolutions are generally foolish as they can never be kept, which leads to people beating themselves up unnecessarily. Promises never spoken are promises never broken.
Of course there are certain someones I would like to reach out to more. I would like to make you smile and gladden your heart. I would like to be a little less selfish this year and I would like to wipe away your tears. I would like to reach out and grab your heart and hold it for a second more, a minute longer before you return to your world. I would like to dance soft steps in the moonlight.
And I would like to be a little crazier, a little zanier. I want to be a little more honest and stop hiding behind soft lies that we tell each other. These are the dream of silence that I have when no one is screaming. These are the dreams that I have of you.
Happy New year and lets make this one count.
- How To Use Social Media To Achieve Your New Year’s Resolutions (socialtimes.com)
- 7 LOL Funny New Year’s Resolutions (blippitt.com)
- She vs. Him: New Year’s Resolutions — Great Idea or Waste of Time? (blogher.com)
- New Years Resolution: Add more adventure to your life (gadling.com)
- Promises, promises (boston.com)