Kwanzaa and the muffin man
Soon, Kwanzaa will be here. I love celebrating made up holidays! Kwanzaa holds it’s place in the hearts of at least 5 people in America. Five! Now I am not sure but I think that is slightly lower than Satanists who love gay puppies. I do not want to offend anyone of my planetary brethren, so I wish everyone a Happy and Joyous Kwanzaa! May it come to a town near you!
As a Christian, I am excited by the dilution of my faith into other, more secular beliefs. Of course, I can’t say Merry Christmas, as some find that ‘offensive’ so I shout out Happy Kwanzaa from the top of my lungs. Sharing in this decades old tradition of something, made up by some guy, in some American city. Okay, it wasn’t some guy, his name was Maulana Karenga (good solid Joe Smith name) and Karenga said that it was meant to be an alternative to Christmas, that Jesus was psychotic, and that Christianity was a white religion that black people should shun.
My! Is that inclusive! I am proud to support such beliefs that belittle my own! I am so glad that the governments of the West are pushing for such tolerance, while trying to distance themselves from the Judeo-Christian values that helped develop their democracies. My!
And I like higher taxes too! I don’t like mermaids though. I like muffins. Just not mermaids.
- Kwanzaa 2010, Kwanza Turns 44 – The holiday Ron Karenga created (nowpublic.com)
- Kwanzaa (socyberty.com)
- Kwanzaa Celebration Coming To Newark Performing Arts Center (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Kwanzaa Cake Maker Confesses [Dispatches from the Culture Wars] (scienceblogs.com)
- Monthly Events, Holidays & Rememberances (librarianbrain.wordpress.com)
- Mysa.com: Kids pick up beat of African culture (mysanantonio.com)
- FrontierVille Kwanzaa Kinara and Flashing Tree bring cheer of all kinds (games.com)
- Google Christmas Trees & Kwanzaa Flag Joins Chanukah Dreidel (searchengineland.com)
- SNL Skit: Merry Christmas From the Kardashians (shoppingblog.com)