Universe dollars and the passionate space monkey
Christmas. Unemployment. Somehow, it seems just as merry and bright this year. Sure, I am hitting the credit a little, not extravagantly this year, but still, Christmas is looking brightly around the corner.
I saw a passionate space monkey once. In Japan. Maybe it was France. It made me think of you in your blue bloomers that your wore that spring day in Moscow. Remember? Maybe it was Moscow, Idaho. I can’t remember. I thought that you would and smile for me.
The space monkey wore pink leotards with orange polka dots, rambling sentences of unemployed drivel.
If I did not get this off my chest, I think you would explode. Really. It is like coming home to an empty surprise. The box is already open and someone ate your cake. But don’t worry, I am still here. Under the floorboards being good. I promise.
She sat down beside me and called me on her cell. She asked if I regretted anything in my past.
“No”, was all I could say. I really do not think of regret in those terms anymore. What has been done has brought me here and here is a pretty good place to be. I ride a train through the heavens with some wonderful people by my side. They love me and I like that. A little insanity rides the rails, softly muted whistle blows and she sits on the edge of the cold rail, waiting.
One day, all of this, this will be over and I hope that the stay here was worth it. I hope that a smile or two crossed your eyes.
They said that there would be peace at Christmas but instead, I got an oven full of fries and I wonder, who is Cheryl Cole? I see the space monkey now, calling across the yard. Standing beside Santa,waving his hands about. The space monkey knows and carries universal dollars. The dollars can buy peace. He will know what to do about the communication lane breakdown. He will know what to do.
Baby snow monkeys are evil. Stay away from them. And mermaids.
- Hey hey we’re the pet monkeys! (ask.metafilter.com)
- Keen On… 2010: Monkeys Riding on the Backs of Pigs, Third Waves, & Self-Driving Cars (TCTV) (techcrunch.com)
- A Curious George Christmas Special, Plus a DVD Giveaway! (susanheim.blogspot.com)
- The Snow Monkeys of Jigokudani Yaen-koen Park (odditycentral.com)
- Sock Monkey Earwarmer! (craftytoday.wordpress.com)
- Happy Monkey Day! (neatorama.com)
- Projects ” Creations ” Sock Monkey (cutoutandkeep.net)
- Media Monkey: BBC ‘kills’ Father Christmas (guardian.co.uk)
- Mean Monkey Monday (bonus material 1) (boingboing.net)
- Baby Snow Monkeys (pixiq.com)