WikiLeaks and the spy who loved Jesus
The government (United States and others) are tasking issue with WikiLeaks, and its founder Julian Assange. U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee, said ” “WikiLeaks’ illegal, outrageous, and reckless acts have compromised our national security and put lives at risk around the world,” he said. “No responsible company — whether American or foreign — should assist WikiLeaks in its efforts to disseminate these stolen materials.”
Why are governments so afraid about a site that posts its moral shortcomings? Is blowing the whistle a danger to national security or is it the government that hides its crimes a danger to civil liberties?
George Orwell wrote about government that suppressed not only the people it was supposed to serve, but it also suppressed information that kept people from being free. Is that where we are today? In a world run by big government, big brother that cannot hide anymore dirt under the carpet?
What danger to national security is there? There is only fear. Fear is where they want you. Fear is where they want to keep you. I imagine America, with such notables as Area 51 and other conspiracy laden networks, running farther from the freedom they fought for 200+ years ago. I see an America that has lost. Lost its war on terror, lost its status as being a beacon to the world.
I love America. I always have. It was a nation that inspired,created. Home of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. Yankee Doodle Dandy. Elvis. Kennedy and Reagan. Men on the moon. Star Trek, Star Wars. Snuggies.
To quote Quinn (Q2):” I was the greatest threat that the Continuum had ever known. They feared me so much they had to lock me away for eternity. And when they did, they were saying that an individual’s rights will be protected only as long as they’re not in conflict with the state. And nothing could be more dangerous to a society.”
- WikiLeaks cut off from Amazon servers (cnn.com)
- Amazon stops hosting WikiLeaks site (theglobeandmail.com)
- WikiLeaks website pulled by Amazon after US homeland security pressure (guardian.co.uk)
- WikiLeaks Website Pulled By Amazon After US Homeland Security Pressure (paidcontent.org)
- Under Biggest-Ever Cyberattack, WikiLeaks Searches For New Hosts (blogs.forbes.com)
- US lawyers look at criminal law in WikiLeaks probe (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Moscow’s Bid to Blow Up WikiLeaks (thedailybeast.com)
- Report: Amazon Cuts Ties With WikiLeaks (foxnews.com)
- WikiLeaks, A Terrorist Organization? (buzzfeed.com)
- King: Prosecute WikiLeaks, Assange (politico.com)